Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Featured Game: F1 2010

Don't even try
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/F1_2010_%28video_game%29.jpgYear: 2010
Genre: Racing
Recommend: NO












I'd like to recommend this game, but the truth of the matter is I can't. There are a multitude of reasons for my verdict that I won't bother you with, but I will mention one: single-channel memory. Most netbooks use only one stick of memory, in a single channel. This can only supply so much bandwidth, and modern games rely on the high-bandwidth dedicated memory that discrete graphics cards have to offer. For this particular game, even dual-channel memory can't keep up with its demands. Until technology advances, F1 2010 will have to go unplayed on netbooks.
F1 2010 - Nothing says Grand Prix like Eau Rouge
Screenshot from simhq.com

No comments:

Post a Comment